Ranjit Bawa Wiki/Biography
Ranjit Bawa was born on 14 March 1989 (age 30 years; as in 2019) in Wadala Granthian village, Gurdaspur, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Pisces. His hometown is Mohali, Punjab. Bawa was inclined towards music right from his childhood. Gauging his deep love for music, his mother took him to Master Mangal Singh from whom he received his music lessons. He started singing when he was in his 6th standard and received good compliments from his friends and teachers.He attended Guru Nanak College, Batala, Khalsa College, Amritsar, and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. Ranjit is a graduate in Political Science and Post Graduate in Music. While he was in college he participated in many singing competitions and won all of them.
Ranjit Bawa Career
Ranjit Bawa started his singing career in 2013 with the song “Jatt Di Akal” which earned him “PTC Best Folk Oriented Song Award.” In 2015, his album “Mitti Da Bawa” won the “Best World Album Award” in the 2015 Brit Asia Awards. Subsequently, he released many Punjabi hit tracks including “Jean,” “Sadi Wari Aun De,” “Sher Marna,” “Yaari Chandigarh Waliye,” “Munda Sadara Da,” “Dollar Vs Roti,” “Ja Ve Mundiya,” “Hik Vich Zor,” “Khand da Khidona,” and “Bachpan.”
He made his acting debut in 2017 with the film “Sarvann” opposite Amrinder Gill and Simi Chahal. He played a supporting role in the film and his performance was praised by the critics and the audience alike. His performance in the film earned him roles like ‘Toofan Singh’ in the film “Toofan Singh,” ‘Shindi’ in “Vekh Baraatan Challiyan,” ‘Fateh’ in “Khido Khundi,” and ‘Manga Singh Randhawa’ in “High End Yaariyan.”
Ranjit Bawa Contact Details
Ranjit Bawa Contact Address: n /a
Ranjit Bawa Phone Number: 91-8437755551, 09915673570, 08437755551, 09815041115
Ranjit Bawa General Manager: Umesh Ghai
Ranjit Bawa Official Website: www.iamranjitbawa.com
Ranjit Bawa Social Profiles
Facebook Fan Page: facebook.com/ranjitbawaonline
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/bawaranjit
Instagram Profile: instagram.com/ranjitbawa
Ranjit Bawa Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 73 kg
in pounds– 161 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 13 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Ranjit Bawa Personal Life
|Date of Birth||14 March 1989|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Wadala Granthian village, Gurdaspur, Punjab|
|Hometown||Mohali, Punjab, India|
|College/University||Guru Nanak College, Batala, Khalsa College, Amritsar
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Political Science
Post Graduate in Music
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Shopping|
|Controversy||In 2015, after the live stage performance at the Nakoder Mela, the Punjabi singer, Preet Harpal, claimed copyright issues on the song that he performed at the event.|
Ranjit Bawa Favorite Things
|Favourite Food||Rajma, Matar-Paneer, Mushroom|
|Favourite Actor||Guggu Gill|
|Favourite Actresses||Alia Bhatt, Sonam Bajwa|
|Favourite Films||Paan Singh Tomar, Carry On Jatta, Punjab 1984|
|Favourite Singers||Kuldeep Manak, Gurdas Maan, Satinder Sartaj|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||Vancouver (Canada)|
Facts About Ranjit Bawa
- His hobbies include travelling, reading, and shopping.
- From his childhood to adolescence, Bawa has learned music from Master Mangal Singh. It was his music teacher, who motivated him to participate in music competitions and also sent him to festivals and competitions on his own resources.
- While doing his graduation and post graduation, Ranjit participated in many singing competitions and won each competition for six years in a row.
- In those 6 years, many times he sang the Pakistani song “Bol Miti Deya Baweya” after which his friends and teachers started calling him Bawa. From here he got his name, Ranjit Bawa.
- Ranjit was so much interested in music that he used to bunk his school when some singer came to his village and used to notice minute details about the singers.
- He has struggled for 15 years before he achieved success.
- It was his mentor Master Mangal Singh, who instilled the taste of live performances in Ranjit and even today he prefers live performances over playback singing.