Raja Kumari Wiki/Biography
Svetha Rao, professionally known as Raja Kumari, was born on 11 January 1986 (age 31 years; as in 2018) in Los Angeles, California, United States. She holds a Bachelors of Arts degree in religious studies. Kumari is an Indian classical dancer who started dancing at the age of 7; she performed at a concert where Pandit Ravi Shankar was the chief guest. She discovered hip-hop through the Fugees’ album, The Score, while she was in her fifth grade. By the age of 14, she was an established freestyle MC. During her career, Kumari contributed to various humanitarian activities including creation of a hospital in Banglore, a school for physically disabled children, and a meditation hall in South India. As a result, she was recognized as a benefactor by the Foundation for Indic Philosophy and Culture (Indic Foundation). She has also been honoured with the Kohinoor Award for excellence in the Classical Arts by the Governor of Tamil Nadu.
Raja Kumari Career
Kumari started her career as a songwriter in 2013. She has co-written, performed background vocals and featured in many songs including Fall Out Boy’s Centuries, Don’t You Run, Brave Enough by Lindsey Stirling, and Change Your Life feat. T.I. She has also contributed to various albums by Gwen Stefani and Fifth Harmony. In addition, she has a recording contract with Epic Records through L.A. Reid. In 2018, she co-wrote and featured in the song, “The Roots,” in collaboration with Divine. On 16 November 2018, she released her first single titled “Shook.” In December 2018, Kumari rapped for the Bollywood song, “Husn Parcham,” composed by Ajay-Atul.
Raja Kumari Contact Details
Raja Kumari Office Address: N/A
Raja Kumari Residence Address: Los Angeles, California, United States
Raja Kumari Phone Number: N/A
Raja Kumari Email ID: [email protected]
Raja Kumari Official Website: www.rajakumari.com
Raja Kumari Social Profiles
Facebook Page: facebook.com/TheRajaKumari
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/TheRajaKumari
LinkedIn Profile: N/A
YouTube Channel: N/A
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/TheRajaKumari
Raja Kumari Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||38-36-38|
Raja Kumari Personal Life
|Date of Birth||11 January 1986|
|Age (as in 2017)||31 Years|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in religious studies|
|Debut||Song Writing: Change Your Life (2013)
rapper (Single): Mute (2016)
|Family||Father– Not Known
Mother– Not Known
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Hobbies||Dancing, Playing musical instruments|
Raja Kumari Favourite Things
|Favourite Actor||Shahrukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Singers||A.R Rahman, Shakira, Taylor Swift|
|Favourite Colours||Black, Red, Golden|
Facts About Raja Kumari
- Raja Kumari is an Indian-American singer, songwriter, and rapper who fuses classical Indian music with hip-hop style.
- She is a Los Angeles based and her parents immigrated to the U.S. from India.
- She is a trained Indian classical dancer (Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi, and Odissi) who started dancing at the age of 7.
- Her debut ‘Bharatanatyam’ performance on stage was at the age of 7, at a concert where Pandit Ravi Shankar was the chief guest.
- During the fifth standard, she discovered hip-hop album ‘The Score’ through the Fugees (an American hip hop group).
- As a teenager, she became a respected freestyle artist performing under the alias Indian Princess.
- After college, where she majored in South Asian religious studies, she decided to pursue her career in music.
- She started her career as a songwriter in 2013.
- She is well known for her collaboration with big artists like Gwen Stefani, Iggy Azalea, Fifth Harmony, Knife Party, and Fall Out Boy.
- She is a winner of the BMI Pop Awards in 2016 for co-writing the song ‘Centuries’ with Fall Out Boy.