Pooja Bhatt Wiki/Biography
Pooja Bhatt is an Indian film actress, voice-over artist, model, and filmmaker. She was born on 24 February 1972 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is the eldest child of film director Mahesh Bhatt. She mostly works in Hindi movies. She made her debut with the movie Daddy in the year 1989.
Pooja Bhatt Career
Bhatt made her acting debut at age 17, in 1989 with Daddy, a TV film directed by her father Mahesh Bhatt. In the film she portrayed a soul-searching teenage girl in an estranged relationship with her alcoholic father, played by actor Anupam Kher. Pooja Bhatt appeared in many bold shoots like Stardust.
Pooja Bhatt Contact Details
Pooja Bhatt Office Address: N/A
Pooja Bhatt Residence Address: Mumbai
Pooja Bhatt Phone Number: N/A
Pooja Bhatt Email ID: N/A
Pooja Bhatt Official Website: N/A
Pooja Bhatt Social Profiles
Facebook Page: facebook.com/PoojaBhattOfficial
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/poojab1972
Google Plus Profile: N/A
Youtube Channel: N/A
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/poojab1972
Pooja Bhatt Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 159 cm
in meters- 1.59 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 2½”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
Pooja Bhatt Personal Life
|Date of Birth||24 February 1972|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||TV– Daddy (1989)
Film– Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991)
|Family||Father– Mahesh Bhatt (Film Director)
Mother– Kiran Bhatt (Birth name- Loraine Bright)
Brother– Rahul Bhatt (Fitness Trainer)
Sister– Alia Bhatt (Bollywood Actress, half sister), Shaheen Bhatt (Half-Sister), both daughters of Soni Razdan.
|Ethnicity||Gujarati, English, Scottish, Armenian, and Burmese Kashmiri|
Facts About Pooja Bhatt
- Does Pooja Bhatt smoke?: No
- Does Pooja Bhatt drink alcohol?: No (Was an alcohol addict earlier; however gave it up after undergoing rehab)
- Pooja Bhatt is the cousin of Bollywood actor Emraan Hashmi and step-daughter of the Bollywood actress and film director Soni Razdan.
- Her big screen debut film Dil Hai Ke Maanta Nahin, was a remake of the Hollywood movie, It Happened One Night.
- She won a National Film Award for the Best Film on Other Social Issues, for her movie Tamanna.
- Pooja also won the Nargis Dutt Award, a special category of National Film Awards, for the movie Zakhm.
- If not an actress, she would have been an astronaut.
- Her movie Holiday was confused with the Akshay Kumar starrer “Holiday – A soldier is never off duty”. The movie directed by Pooja Bhatt stars Dino Morea and Onjolie Nair.
- Bhatt is close friends with Sharad Kapoor and likes to hang out with her gang of lads.
- She prefers to use her real name for different characters she plays in the movies.
- Her relationship with her fiance Ranvir Shorey was abusive and she also stated that he beat her down too.
- Other than her acting, producing and directing on the big screen, she appeared in a documentary called Sunset Bollywood (2005), in which she talks about the Bollywood star Rahul Roy.
- She did a nude photoshoot with just bronze paint on her body.
- Pooja was offered the role of the lead actress in the famous movie “Aashiqui” but she refused the role because her then boyfriend did not agree to it. She was in love with him since she was 12 and started dating him at 16. At 17, when she had done only two hit movies, her boyfriend asked her to quit acting.
- Bhatt would like to make a documentary on her father’s life.
- Her uncles late Balwant Bhatt and late Nanabhai Bhatt were famous Bollywood directors.