Neeta Lulla Wiki/Biography
Neeta Lulla was born on Friday, 5 March 1965 (age 55 years; as in 2020) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She grew up in Ahmedabad. She was a tomboy in her school days who did not had any interest in studies. She preferred taking extracurricular activities over reading books. While her mother worried about her scores, her father encouraged her interest in sports. During her high school days, to create her interest in reading, her father bought her the then popular bi-annual magazines “Seventeen” and “Cosmopolitan” (which were available only in selected stores). The magazines showcased the chemistry between Bollywood and fashion and slowly instilled a spark of fashion and styling within her. In order to evade the high school education and a college degree, Neeta chose to get married. However, after her marriage, her husband asked her to complete her education. It was then, that she decided to pursue a Diploma in Pattern Making and Garment Manufacture from Mumbai’s SNDT University. At her college, she was groomed by Hemant Trivedi in make-up, fashion choreography, and styling shows.
Neeta Lulla Career
Neeta started her career by working as an assistant for the fashion choreographer, Jeanne Naoroji. She assisted him on various fashion shows for around two and a half years. Meanwhile, Lulla also received an offer from her college to work as a lecturer in fashion coordination. However, after collecting suitable experience and knowledge about the fashion industry, Neeta decided to start up her own business. Lulla began her journey from a room in her home with one Kaarigar (worker) and a sewing machine. She worked from home for a while but the output was not substantial. In 1988, her brother-in-law (producer), gave her an opportunity to design clothes for the Bollywood film ‘Tamacha.’ Although, Lulla did a good job in Tamacha but it was the Bollywood film “Lamhe” (1991) which brought her immediate stardom. Before venturing into mainstream fashion, Neeta designed looks for some big banner Bollywood films including “Manikarnika,” “Hum Aapke Hai Kaun,” “Darr,” “Khal Nayak,” and “Taal.” In 2002, she earned huge popularity after designing the looks for the Bollywood divas Madhuri Dixit and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the film “Devdas.” She has even worked for Bollywod actresses like Juhi Chawla, Shilpa Shetty, Salma Azad, Isha Koppikar, and Sridevi. Not just Bollywood, she has also worked as a costume designer in Bollywood films like “One Night With The King,” “Mistress Of Spices,” “Bride & Prejudice,” and “Provoked.” In 2014, she collaborated with the Bollywood director, Subhash Ghai to open a fashion institute in Mumbai, “The Whistling Wood International Neeta School of Fashion.” The institute provides wide range of courses in fashion, online marketing, and merchandising for budding fashion enthusiasts.
Neeta Lulla Contact Details
Neeta Lulla Office Address: N/A
Neeta Lulla Residence Address: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Neeta Lulla Phone Number: 099307 35750
Neeta Lulla Email ID: N/A
Neeta Lulla Official Website: www.neetalulla.com
Neeta Lulla Social Profiles
Facebook Page: facebook.com/neetalulla
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/neeta_lulla
LinkedIn Profile: N/A
YouTube Channel: N/A
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/houseofneetalulla
Neeta Lulla Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
Neeta Lulla Personal Life
|Date of Birth||5 March 1965 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||SNDT University, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Pattern Making and Garment Manufacture|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Doing Adventure Sports|
Neeta Lulla Family
|Husband/Spouse||Shyam Lulla (Psychiatrist)|
|Children||Son– Siddharth Lulla (Businessman)
Daughter– Nishka Lulla (Fashion Designer)
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Neeta Lulla Favourite Things
|Fashion Designer||Alexander McQueen|
|Perfume||Angel by Thierry Mugler|
|Holiday Destinations||Rome, Africa, Dubai|
Facts About Neeta Lulla
- Neeta Lulla is one of the most triumphant Indian fashion designers in the industry known for her stunning collections.
- She was born in Mumbai and grew up in Ahemdabad.
- Neeta was a tomboy in her school days and had no interest in fashion.
- She was not so good at studies and preferred taking extracurricular activities over studying.
- To indulge a habit of reading in Neeta, her father bought her the popular magazines “Seventeen” and “Cosmopolitan” (which were available only in selected stores). The magazines featured Bollywood’s connection with fashion which drew her interest towards fashion.
- When she was 16 years old, she agreed to get married in order to escape her studies.
- After her marriage, her husband, Shyam Lulla, asked her to complete her education. So, she pursued a Diploma in Pattern Making and Garment Manufacture from Mumbai’s SNDT University.
- Her Guru, Hemant Trivedi, trained her in make-up, fashion choreography, and styling shows.
- After clearing her Diploma, Lulla received an offer to join her college as a lecturer in fashion coordination.
- She started her career by assisting the fashion choreographer Jeanne Naoroji.
- Lulla worked with Naoroji for around two and a half years.
- After gaining knowledge and experience in the fashion industry, she began her own journey with a single sewing machine and a Kaarigar.
- She got her first Bollywood designing project for the film Tamacha in 1988.