Mika Singh Wiki/Biography
Mika Singh was born on 10 June 1977 (age 42 years; as in 2019) in Durgapur, West Bengal. His zodiac sign is Gemini. His family has its roots in Punjab. Mika’s father, who used to do Keertans, sold his property in Punjab and shifted to Patna to learn music. Being brought up in a family of Gurbani singers, Mika had a deep interest in music from a young age. He started playing the Tabla when he was just 8 years old. At the age of 12, he learned the Harmonium, and two years later, he began playing the Guitar. He was raised up in Patna, Bihar, and Patiala along with his brothers. At the age of 15, Mika moved to Delhi and started his career as a Kirtan (religious) singer. He, then, composed the song “Dar Di Rabb Rabb Kardi” for his brother, Daler Mehandi. The song became a super hit. Mika then started visiting various studios with a desire to sing. Many directors readily agreed to listen to his voice because he was Daler Mehandi’s brother but they rejected him after listening to his unconventional voice. After facing rejection from a number of music directors, Singh decided to launch his own music album.
Mika Singh Career
Mika Singh started his singing career in 2008 with the Punjabi song “Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag” which made him an overnight star. Subsequently, he launched his albums “Gabru,” “Dunali,” “Something Something,” and “Ishq Brandy.” In 2006, he made his Bollywood singing debut by singing the song ‘Dil Tod Ke Na Ja (Remix)’ from the film “Pyaar Ke Side Effects.” Thereafter, he has lent his voice to many super hit songs including “Mauja Hi Mauja,” “Singh Is Kinng,” “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!,” “Dil Bole Hadippa,” “Jugni,” “Dhink Chika,” and “Gandi Baat.” He has also sung various songs in Punjabi, Marathi, Bengali, Telugu, and Kannada. Mika has judged the music show “Music Ka Maha Muqqabla” and mentored the music reality show “The Voice India.” Singh has also tried his hands in acting with the Punjabi Films “Mitti, “Wrath Kapoor,” “Loot,” and “Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya.”
Mika Singh Contact Details
Mika Singh Office Address: N/A
Mika Singh Residence Address: Patiala, Punjab, India
Mika Singh Phone Number: N/A
Mika Singh Email ID: [email protected]
Mika Singh Official Website: www.mikasingh.in
Mika Singh Social Profiles
YouTube Channel: youtu.be/B16JmswIVqk
Facebook Page: facebook.com/MikaSinghOfficial
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/MikaSingh
LinkedIn Profile: N/A
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/mikasingh
Mika Singh Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 15 inches
Mika Singh Personal Life
|Date of Birth||10 June 1977|
|Age (as in 2019)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Durgapur, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not known|
Mika Singh Family
|Parents||Father– Late Ajmer Singh Chandan (musician and farmer)
Mother– Balbir Kaur (State level wrestler)
|Siblings||Brothers– 6 (Daler Mehndi, Late Shamsher Mehandi, Late Amarjeet Singh)
Mika Singh Favourite Things
|Food||Mutton Nalli Nihari and Reshmi Kebab|
|Actress||Mahira Khan (Pakistani)|
Facts About Mika Singh
- His father, who was a Gurbani singer, sold his property in Punjab and relocated to Patna before his birth.
- He was brought up in Patna, Bihar and Patiala, Punjab along with his 6 brothers.
- He began to play the Tabla at the young age of 8, learned harmonium at the age of 12 and ended up taking guitar lessons after two years. Initially, he wanted to become a music director.
- He started his career as a Kirtan (religious) singer.
- He dedicated a self-composed Patriotic song (Vande Mataram) to Mother India at an exclusive show for Indian Army.
- Mika has an NGO ‘Divine Touch’, inspired by his mother as she always wanted him to help others.
- He composed the song “Dar Di Rabb Rabb Kardi” for his brother, Daler Mehandi and it was a huge hit.
- Singh wanted to establish himself as a singer so he started visiting various recording studios but he got rejected every time because of his unconventional voice. He, then, decided to launch his own music album.
- Mika’s debut song “Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag” was a huge hit and made him an overnight star.