Ketaki Mategaonkar Wiki/Biography
Ketaki Mategaonkar was born on 22 February 1994 (age 25 years; as in 2019) in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. She belongs to a family with roots in music. In the 90s, her family emigrated from Nagpur to Pune. She attended Pune’s Dr. Kalmadi High School and after that, completed her graduation in English Literature. Ketaki grew up listening to her mother’s rendition of lullabies and hence, developed an interest in music. She was so much into music that whenever she heard her mother singing, she would hum along. She would often guess the songs, which her father used to play on the keyboard. Ketaki started singing children’s songs for various albums at a very young age. At the age of 10, she started receiving training in music from her mother. Thereafter, she performed in various concerts.
Ketaki Mategaonkar Career
Ketaki started her career by taking part in reality shows. She participated in “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Little Champs” (2009) and received immense love from the judges and audience alike. She made her debut as a playback singer in 2008 with the song “Phir Se Chamke Tim Tim Taare” from the film “Dashavatar.” Thereafter, she started giving stage performances. She has performed together with her mother in various shows. In addition to singing, she is also an actor. At the age of 15, she made her acting debut with Sujay Dahake’s Marathi romantic drama “Shala” (2012). Sujay saw her performance on television and decided to cast her for the film “Shala.” In 2012, Sachin Khedekar saw her pictures on social media and asked Mahesh Manjrekar to sign her for his upcoming film. She, then, featured in the film “Kaksparsh.” The film gave her recognition and established her as an actress. Further, Ketaki appeared in films like Taani (2013), Timepass (2014), and Phuntroo (2016). Thereafter, she took a break from her acting career and went on to complete her degree in English Literature. She also moved to London’s Trinity College of Music to attain a degree in music. In 2017, she sang a duet “Aal aabahal” (Chhand Priticha) with Javed Ali. The song earned her critical acclaim. In February 2019, she paid a visit to the dance reality show, “Dance Plus 4” in order to surprise Chetan Salunkhe, winner of Dance Plus 4, as he is a huge fan of Ketaki.
Ketaki Mategaonkar Contact Details
Ketaki Mategaonkar Office Address: N/A
Ketaki Mategaonkar Residence Address: Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Ketaki Mategaonkar Phone Number: N/A
Ketaki Mategaonkar Email ID: [email protected]
Ketaki Mategaonkar Official Website: www.ketakimategaonkar.in
Ketaki Mategaonkar Social Profiles
YouTube Channel: N/A
Facebook Page: facebook.com/ketaki.Official
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/ketmategaonkar
LinkedIn Profile: N/A
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/ketakimategaonkar
Ketaki Mategaonkar Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Ketaki Mategaonkar Personal Life
|Date of Birth||22 February 1994|
|Age (as in 2019)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Dr. Kalmadi High School, Pune|
|College/University||Trinity College of Music, London|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in English Literature|
|Hobbies||Playing the Piano, Travelling|
|Tattoo||A Tattoo On Her Right Wrist|
Ketaki Mategaonkar Family
|Parents||Father– Parag Mategaonkar (Mujsic Director)
Mother– Suvarna Mategaonkar (Singer)
Ketaki Mategaonkar Favourite Things
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Scientist||Stephen Hawking|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Suresh Wadkar|
Facts About Ketaki Mategaonkar
- Her hobbies include playing the piano and travelling.
- Ketaki has inked a tattoo on her right wrist.
- During an interview, Ketaki’s mother told that she always wanted Ketaki to follow her footsteps and become a professional singer.
- Ketaki credits her mother for shaping her career as a professional singer. She says “Apart from the technicalities of music, there’s so much that I’ve learnt from Aai, simply by closely observing her on stage — the way she changes her timbre to suit the mood of each song, her clear enunciation, relentless practice sessions before every programme even though she may have sung those same songs dozens of times in the past, her sheer sincerity is something that has always inspired me.”
- Ketaki was offered some prominent roles in the TV serials including the lead role in Balika Vadhu and the role of Ramabai Ranade in the Marathi serial Uncha Maza Zoka. However, the actress denied the offers as she wanted to concentrate on her singing.