Kapil Sharma Wiki/Biography
He was born in a Punjabi Brahmin family on 2 April 1981 (Age: 38 years, as in 2019) in Amritsar, Punjab, India. His friends call him by his nickname ‘Kappu.’ Since his childhood, he wanted to be a singer, but later, he chose to be a comedian. He is a multi-talented person and has great singing, acting, and comedy skills. He struggled a lot in his life to help his family financially. While he was in 10th standard, he used to work in a PCO. He also worked in a cloth mill for a few months. After that, he started doing theatre and also did some small shows. He later started participating in comedy shows and earned huge success. He is very close to his family members and always give credit to his mother for his success. When he won the comedy reality show ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge,’ he received the prize money of Rs 10 lakh which he spent on the wedding of his sister. Kapil has done campaigning to save animals and adopt homeless animals like cats and dogs. He has also campaigned for the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ to keep the society clean.
Kapil Sharma Career
He did his schooling at Shri Ram Ashram Senior Secondary School, Amritsar, Punjab and did his Bachelor of Arts from the Hindu College, Amritsar. During his college days, he used to participate in singing, dancing, and drama competitions. He received several awards at that time. In 2006, he took part in the Punjabi comedy reality show ‘Hasde Hasande Ravo’ that aired on MH One. After that, he took part in another Punjabi comedy show, ‘The Great Punjabi Comedy Show.’ In 2007, he participated in Hindi comedy reality show, ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge Season 3’ and won the show. He also participated in many other comedy shows like ‘Ustaadon Ka Ustaad’ (2009), Hans Baliye (2009), Comedy Circus (2010-2013), and Star Ya Rockstar (2011).
In 2008, he hosted the comedy TV show, Chhote Miyan. He also hosted the Season 6 of a dance reality show, ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ along with TV host, Manish Paul in 2013.
He made his acting debut in 2010 by playing the role of Thakur’s son in the Bollywood film, ‘Bhavnao Ko Samjho.’
He consecutively won the six seasons of Comedy Circus such as ‘Comedy Circus Ke SuperStars’ (2010), ‘Comedy Circus Ka Jadoo’ (2010), ‘Jubilee Comedy Circus’ (2010-2011), ‘Comedy Circus Ke Taansen’ (2011), ‘Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur’ (2011), and ‘Kahani Comedy Circus Ki’ (2011-2012).
He later founded his own production company, ‘K9 Productions.’ In 2013, he started hosting his own comedy show ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ under his production house that aired on Colors TV. It later became the highest-rated scripted television show in India. The show ran successfully for three years, but due to some differences with Colors TV, the show ended in 2016.
He hosted several awards shows like 60th Filmfare Awards in 2015, Star Guild Awards in 2015, 22nd Star Screen Awards in 2016, 61st Filmfare Awards in 2016, and 62nd Filmfare Awards in 2017.
In 2015, he got the lead role of ‘Shivkumar Ramkrishan Punj’ in the Bollywood film ‘Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon.’ Though the film received a legal notice from court due to similarities with Kannada film Nimbehuli (2014). The film received positive reviews from critics.
In 2016, he started hosting another comedy show ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ that aired on Sony Entertainment Television, but due to his health issues, the show ended in August 2017.
He made his guest appearance on several popular TV shows like Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 8 in 2014, The Anupam Kher Show in 2014, Farah Ki Daawat in 2015, Aap Ki Adalat in 2015, Dance India Dance in 2015, Indian Idol Junior in 2015, The Voice in 2015, Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi in 2015, Koffee with Karan Season 5 in 2017, and Bigg Boss Season 11 in 2017.
In 2017, he produced and acted in the Bollywood film, ‘Firangi’ but the film failed at the box office.
In 2018, he again started running his comedy show, ‘Family Time with Kapil Sharma’ and hosted along with actress, Neha Pendse.
Kapil Sharma Contact Details
Kapil Sharma Residence Address: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Kapil Sharma Office Address: N/A
Kapil Sharma Office Phone Number: +91 8928282560
Kapil Sharma Official Website: www.kapilsharma.org
Kapil Sharma Social Profiles
Facebook Fan Page: facebook.com/Kapilsharmapunj/
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/KapilSharmaK9
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/kapilsharma
YouTube Channel: youtube.com/channel/UCS3REx_0JgqkwpcrEdeXVHw
Snapchat ID: KAPILSHARMAK9
Contact Form: kapilsharma.org/contact.html
TV Shows: kapilsharma.org/shows.html
Kapil Sharma Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
Kapil Sharma Personal Life
Kapil Sharma Favourite Things
|Favourite Food||Rajma-Chawal, Aloo Paranthas|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Akshay Kumar|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Gurdas Mann, Sardool Sikander|
|Favourite Comedian||Gurpreet Ghuggi|
|Favourite Restaurant||Chak89 in London|
Facts About Kapil Sharma
- Kapil came from a lower middle-class family with no entertainment background and had to struggle a lot to get himself roles that are worthy.
- During his graduation at Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar, he used to direct plays for his pocket money. He was also a scholarship holder and a national-level winner in theatre.
- He was paid minimum wages in the initial stages of his career and he even acted as a comedian without being paid at all. He has also worked in a PCO, a cloth mill and even picked crates of soft-drinks to earn money.
- His father died in 2004 due to Cancer. He didn’t have the money to join any acting course but due to his sheer talent, many institutions sponsored his acting course fee.
- According to Kapil, his sense of humour comes from his mother who has been his biggest source of inspiration.
- He started his acting career as a theater artist when he was in his early 20s.
- His initial passion was singing and singing is the thing which made him come to the tinsel town.
- He was initially rejected in the audition round of ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge 3’, but received a call to return, and eventually he won the competition.
- With the prize money of 10 lakh (INR) that he won, he did his sister’s wedding, which was the most lavish wedding in his family.