Gurdas Maan Wiki/Biography
Gurdas Maan was born on 4 January 1957 (age 62 years; as in 2019) in Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He did his schooling from Patiala’s Yadavindra Public School and pursued his Master’s Degree in Physical Education from a college in Malout, Punjab. Thereafter, he did a Diploma Course in Sports Coaching from Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala. He was inclined towards music from a very young age. Maan participated in various singing and mimicry competitions at his college’s youth festivals and has won several awards. When Gurdas was in college, he gave a musical performance on the song “Sajna Ve Sajna” at an official event of the Punjab State Electricity Board. The official staff of the board got so impressed with his performance that they offered him a job in their department. During one such stage performances, Gurdas sang the song “Dil Da Mamla Hai” where he caught the attention of a producer from Jalandhar TV station who approached Maan for the TV recording of the same song. the song was aired on 31 December 1980 and became an instant hit.
Gurdas Maan Career
Gurdas Maan started his singing career in 1980 with the Punjabi song “Dil Da Mamla Hai.” The song became a huge hit. Next, he released the songs “Mamla Gadbad Hai” and “Chhalla.” His Punjabi track “Apna Punjab Hove” received many awards in different categories like ‘The Best Song,’ ‘The Best Album,’ and ‘The Best International Artist’ in the Asian Pop and Media Award. In 2007, his album “Boot Polishan” won the Best International Album Award at the UK Asian Music Awards. He also sang the hit track “Ki Banu Duniya Da” along with Diljit Dosanjh on the Coke Studio MTV Season 4. Maan has also written and directed the television show “POP Time” for Doordarshan, Delhi. In addition to singing, Maan has also tried his hands at acting. He has starred in many popular Bollywood films and has also received various awards like the Jury’s Award which was presented to him by the President of India. He has also appeared in many Hindi, Punjabi, and Tamil films. He is best known for starring in the film ‘Waris Shah-Ishq Da Waaris’ which is the depiction of the Punjabi poet Waris Shah during the creation of his epic poem Heer Ranjha. He has also made a special appearance in Shah Rukh Khan starrer “Veer Zaara.”
Gurdas Maan Contact Details
Gurdas Maan Office Address: N/A
Gurdas Maan Residence Address: Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India
Gurdas Maan Phone Number: N/A
Gurdas Maan Email ID: N/A
Gurdas Maan Official Website: www.gurdasmaan.com
Gurdas Maan Social Profiles
Facebook Fan Page: facebook.com/GurdasMaan
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/GurdasMaan
Google+ Profile: N/A
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/justGurdasMaan
YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/maangurdas
Gurdas Maan Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet inches– 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Gurdas Maan Personal Life
|Date of Birth||4 January 1957|
|Age (as in 2019)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala, Punjab, India|
|College/University||A college in malout
Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India
|Educational Qualification||Diploma Course in Sports Coaching from National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India|
|Hobbies||Gymming, Yoga, Poetry|
Gurdas Maan Family
|Wife/Spouse||Manjit Maan (producer, director)|
|Children||Son– Gurickk G Maan (video director, producer)|
|Parents||Father– Late Sardar Gurdev Singh Mann
Mother– Late Bibi Tej Kaur
|Siblings||Brother– Paramjit Bahia
Sister– Not Known
Gurdas Maan Favourite Things
|Favourite Food||Rajma chawal, Sarso Saag|
|Favourite Actor||Guggu Gill|
|Favourite Singers||Kuldeep Manak, Surinder Shinda|
|Favourite Colours||Black, Grey|
|Favourite Song||Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen from the movie Waqt (1965)|
Facts About Gurdas Maan
- He owns a film production house named “Sai Productions” in Mumbai.
- On 9 January 2001, Maan’s vehicle collided with a truck at a village near Rupnagar, Punjab. His driver and good friend, Tejpal, died in the accident. Later, he released the song ‘Sawari’ which was dedicated to his driver.
- On 20 January 2007, Gurdas Maan again met with an accident in which his vehicle was hit by a truck at a village near Karnal. Maan suffered minor injuries on his face and body while his driver, Ganesh, was severely injured.
- Gurdas Maan is a big supporter of the Manchester United Football Club.
- Gurdas has rejected many duets offers in his singing career as he always wanted to be a successful solo artist.
- In addition to Punjabi, Maan is well-versed with Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Haryanvi, and Rajasthani languages.
- Till 2019, he has produced more than 34 music albums and has written over 305 songs.
- Gurdas Maan is the only Punjabi singer to have won a National Award for the ‘Best Male Playback Singer’ at the 54th National Film Awards for his track “Heer” in ‘Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris.’