Amrita Rao Wiki/Biography
Amrita Rao was born on 7 June 1981 (age 37; as in 2018) in Pune, Maharashtra, India. she traces her roots back to Mangalore, Karnataka, India. She joined Canossa Convent Girls School, Mumbai. She went to Sophia College for Women, Mumbai for her graduation in Psychology but dropped out due to modeling offers. After getting three years of training in classical singing, she became a skilled Hindustani Classical Singer.
Amrita Rao Career
Amrita began her career as a model along with her sister, Preetika Rao. She has modeled at various fashion shows. She got her big break with the TV commercial for Fairever Face Cream. Since then, there has been no looking back for her; she has appeared in commercials for Close-up, Godrej No. 1, Jolen Creme Bleach, Wrigley Chewing Gum, Fena Detergent, Anne French, etc. In 2002, she was seen in Alisha Chinoy’s music video, Woh Pyar Mera Woh Yaar Mera. In the same year, she debuted with the Bollywood film, “Ab Ke Baras,” paired opposite Arya Babbar. She fetched recognition after playing the role of Poonam in the successful Bollywood film, “Vivah.” She made an entrance in the Telugu cinema with the movie named “Athidhi” in 2007. In 2009, she judged the contestants of the Indian reality TV show, Perfect Bride that aired on STAR Plus. Next, she worked in the TV serial, Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai, in which she represented the character of Kalyani Gaikwad.
Amrita Rao Contact Details
Amrita Rao Office Address: N/A
Amrita Rao Residence Address: Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Amrita Rao Phone Number: N/A
Amrita Rao Email ID: N/A
Amrita Rao Official Website: N/A
Amrita Rao Social Profiles
Facebook Page: facebook.com/Spotlight.AmritaRao
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/amritarao
Google+ Profile: plus.google.com/114512014580294568603
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/amrita_rao_official
YouTube Channel: N/A
Amrita Rao Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet inches– 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
Amrita Rao Personal Life
|Date of Birth||7 June 1981 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|School||Canossa Convent Girls’ School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Sophia College for Women, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||College Dropout|
|Hobbies||Reading Short Stories, and Singing|
Amrita Rao Relationships & More
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Anmol Sood (Radio Jockey)|
|Marriage Date||15 May 2016|
Amrita Rao Family
|Husband/Spouse||Anmol Sood (Radio Jockey)|
|Parents||Father– Deepak Rao (runs an advertising agency in Mumbai)
Mother– Kanchan Rao
|Siblings||Sister– Preetika Rao (Actress; Twin with Amrita Rao)|
Amrita Rao Favourite Things
|Food||Vegetable Stew, Corn Soup, Red Thai Curry, Curd Rice, and Chocolate Cake|
|Cuisine(s)||Italian, Mangalorean, and Thai|
|Drink (non-alcoholic)||Mocktail (Blue Driver)|
|Restaurant||Out of The Blue in Mumbai|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Govinda, and Salman Khan|
|Actress(es)||Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra, and Deepika Padukone|
|Film||Andaz Apna Apna (1994)|
|Film Director(s)||Sooraj Barjatya and Farah Khan|
|Singer(s)||Mohammed Rafi, Kishore Kumar|
|Song(s)||• Main Zindagi Ka Saath Nibhata Chala Gaya by Mohammed Rafi
• Aap Yun Hi Agar Humse Milte Rahe by Mohammed Rafi
• Abhi Na Jaao Chhodkar Ke Dil Abhi Bhara Nahin by Mohammed Rafi
• Tum Mujhe Yun Bhula Na Paoge by Mohammed Rafi
|Colour(s)||Pink and Beige|
Facts About Amrita Rao
- Amrita Rao hails from a traditional Konkani family.
- She is a vegetarian.
- She likes reading short stories and singing.
- She was named Amrita after her grandfather, Amrit Rao, who was a freedom fighter.
- She has family relations with Guru Dutt; as her grandfather and Guru Dutt were second cousins.
- She mentioned in one of her interviews that she went to a strict school. Even if a button was missing here and a clip missing there, they were punished. She had to always be obedient.
- In her teenage, she had a huge crush on Indian cricketer, Nayan Mongia.
- She is commonly acknowledged as the “Girl-Next-Door of Bollywood.”
- In 2010, she accepted the offer of Chandraprakash Dwivedi’s film, “The Legend of Kunal,” also starring Amitabh Bachchan and Tabu. However, the film did not release.
- In 2010, Amrita worked in a film alongside Neil Nitin Mukesh, directed by Ken Ghosh. Nevertheless, the film was again not released.
- Amrita Rao was considered for the role of Salman Khan‘s sister in the Bollywood film, “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo.” She declined the role because of its negative characteristics and had no interest in performing the role of his sister.
- She refused to work in the Hollywood film “A Knight With The King.”
- After Madhuri Dixit, the renowned painter “M. F. Husain” chose her as his second inspiration and the subject of his paintings.