Tanushree Dutta Wiki/Biography
Tanushree Dutta was born on 19 March 1984 (36 years, as of 2020) in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Her close ones call her by the name Tanu. Hailing from Jamshedpur, she stepped into the Indian film industry in 2005, after participating in 2004 Femina Miss India and 2004 Miss Universe beauty pageants. She made her Bollywood debut with the film Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005); which became a box office success and brought fame to her. The actress has worked in Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil films.
Tanushree Dutta Career
She completed her schooling at DBMS English School, Jamshedpur. After completing her schooling, she took admission in Bachelor of Commerce at a Junior College in Pune. She always wanted to enter the glamour world and so when she got a chance, she dropped out of her college only to chase her dream. During the initial phase of her career, she worked at an Event Management Company as an Executive. In 2003, she participated in several local beauty pageants. Then, she appeared in Bangladeshi Ad Campaigns, a Bengali TV show, and many stage shows. Later, she featured in Harry Anand’s music video “Saiyan Dil Mein Aana Re.” In 2004, she won the title of Femina Miss India; which proved to be a turning point in her career. After this, she represented India in the 2004 Miss Universe Beauty Contest and was among the top 10 finalists. After representing India on this big platform, she was approached for films; Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005) and Chocolate (2005). She made her way to Bollywood with these films and became popular for her bold performance in Aashiq Banaya Aapne opposite Emraan Hashmi. This film opened new doors of opportunities to her, not only in Bollywood but in regional cinema as well. From 2005-2010, in a short career span, she worked in several Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu movies and played roles of different genres such as romance, horror, comedy, action, and thriller. In 2010, she culminated her career with the film, “Apartment” and went on sabbatical for almost two and a half years as she was disturbed due to the sexual harassment incident that happened with her. During this period, she stayed in an ashram for almost one and a half years and then moved to Ladakh, Jammu, and Kashmir, India. In Ladakh, she learned Vipassanā meditation and some Buddhist meditations related to breathing techniques; which helped her in coming out of depression. In an interview, she said, “Buddhist monastery in Ladakh is a great reason for bringing my life back to normal. I rediscovered and reinvented myself through this whole process.”In 2013, she came back into the limelight by making a stunning appearance at the red carpet and high profile media events.
Tanushree Dutta Contact Details
Tanushree Dutta Office Address: N/A
Tanushree Dutta Residence Address: Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India
Tanushree Dutta Phone Number: N/A
Tanushree Dutta Email ID: [email protected]
Tanushree Dutta Official Website: N/A
Tanushree Dutta Social Profiles
Facebook Page: N/A
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/iamtanushreeduttaofficial
Google Plus Profile: N/A
Youtube Channel: N/A
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/tanushreedutta
Tanushree Dutta Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 65 kg
in pounds– 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Tanushree Dutta Personal Life
|Date of Birth||19 March 1984|
|Age (as of 2020)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Jamshedpur, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|School||DBMS English School, Jamshedpur|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (dropout)|
|Debut||Film: Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005)|
Tanushree Dutta Boys, Affairs, and More
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aditya Datt (Film Director)|
Tanushree Dutta Family
|Parents||Father– Tapan Dutta (Ex-employee at Life Insurance Corporation)
Mother– Shikha Dutta (Homemaker)
Sister– Ishita Dutta (Actress)
Tanushree Dutta Favourite Things
|Favourite Food(s)||Bengali Fish Curry, Mangoes|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Meena Kumari, Madhuri Dixit, Aishwarya Rai, Sushmita Sen|
|Favourite Author(s)||Dr. Brian Weiss, Paulo Coelho|
|Favourite Beverage(s)||Ice Tea, Coffee|
Facts About Tanushree Dutta
- Does Tanushree Dutta smoke?: Not Known
- Does Tanushree Dutta drink alcohol?: Yes
- Tanushree Dutta was born in a Bengali family.
- She dropped out of college just after completing her first year of B.Com. to pursue her career in modeling.
- She was featured in Harry Anand’s pop music video ‘Saiyan Dil Mein Aana Re’, before competing in the ‘Miss India’ pageant.
- She made her acting debut in 2005 by playing the role of Sneha in the Bollywood film ‘Aashiq Banaya Aapne.’ The film was commercially successful, and she received positive reviews from the critics.
- She has worked in three different languages like Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil.
- Tanushree took a sabbatical in 2010 and went to the USA after her film ‘Apartment’ did not work well. She did a short course at the New York Academy. While she was in Los Angeles, she realized that Bollywood is not what she wanted to pursue whole her life.
- When she came back from the United States, she was miserable and in tears, as she was facing a financial crisis.
- At the time of depression, she was fully financially dependent on her father.
- Tanushree visited ‘The Isha Yoga Centre’ in Coimbatore & also did the ‘Art of Living’ course, but their Sudarshan Kriya always gave her a headache; so, she escaped from there too.
- She had shaved her head while she was in Ladakh.