Dia Mirza Wiki/Biography
Dia Mirza was born as ‘Dia Handrich’ on Wednesday, 9 December 1981 (age 40 years; as of 2020) in the Hyderabad city of Andhra Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Saggitarius. She did her schooling at Vidyaranya High School in Hyderabad and Nasr School in Hyderabad. She has also attended Stanley Girls High School, Hyderabad. She did a Bachelor of Arts from Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad.
Dia Mirza Career
Modeling & Beauty Pageants
While studying in school, Dia Mirza used to work as a marketing executive for a multimedia firm called Neeraj’s Multi-media Studio. Simultaneously, she worked as a model for brands like Lipton, Wall’s ice cream, and Emami. In 2000, she participated in Femina Miss India, where she won the title of Miss Beautiful Smile, Miss Avon, and Miss Close-Up Smile, and also became the second runner up at the pageant. Subsequently, she was sent to Miss Asia Pacific, where she won the pageant; completing the hat-trick of win of India in the international beauty pageants in the year 2000 (Lara Dutta won Miss Universe, and Priyanka Chopra won Miss World).
Acting & Production
Dia Mirza made her acting debut with the 2001 film “Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein” as ‘Reena Malhotra.’ She then appeared in many successful films such as, Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge (2002), Dum (2003), Tumsa Nahin Dekha – A Love Story (2004), Parineeta (2005), Lage Raho Munnabhai (2006), Salam Mumbai (2016), and Sanju (2018). She co-owned a production called “Born Free Entertainment” with her ex-husband. The first film produced under the banner was “Love Breakups Zindagi” (2011). The film, Bobby Jasoos (2014), and the web series Mind the Malhotras (2019) were also produced under the “Born Free” banner. After the divorce from her husband, she launched her production house “One India Stories” in December 2019. She made her web debut as an actor with “Kaafir” (2019). She made her Bengali debut with the film “Paanch Adhyay” (2012).
Dia Mirza Contact Details
Dia Mirza Office Address: N/A
Dia Mirza Residence Address: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Dia Mirza Phone Number: N/A
Dia Mirza Email ID: N/A
Dia Mirza Official Website: N/A
Dia Mirza Social Profiles
Facebook Page: facebook.com/DiaMirzaOfficial
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/diamirzaofficial
Google Plus Profile: N/A
Youtube Channel: N/A
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/deespeak
Dia Mirza Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
Dia Mirza Personal Life
Dia Mirza Relationships & More
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Salman Khan (rumored)
• Vashu Bhagnani (Film Producer; rumored)
• Kunal Kapoor (rumored)
• Bunty Sachdeva (Musician)
• Sahil Sangha
• Mohit Raina (rumored)
|Marriage Date||18 October 2014|
|Marriage Place||Her husband’s farmhouse in Chattarpur, Delhi|
Dia Mirza Family
|Husband/Spouse||Sahil Sangha (m.2014-d.2019)|
|Parents||Father– Frank Handrich (Graphics and Industrial Fair Designer, Architect, Artist, and Interior Designer based in Munich)
Step-father– Ahmed Mirza (died in 2003)
Mother– Deepa Mirza (Interior designer, Landscaper)
Dia Mirza Favourite Things
|Food||Hyderabadi Biryani, Nihari, Khatti Daal, Kheema|
|Cuisines||Punjabi, Hyderabadi, European, Italian, Thai|
|Book(s)||“The Silk Roads: A New History of the World” by Peter Frankopan, “A New Earth: Create a Better Life” by Eckhart Tolle, “The Faraway Tree” by Enid Blyton, “The Secret Life of Bees” by Sue Monk Kidd, “The Motorcycle Diaries” by Che Guevara|
|Travel Destination(s)||Machu Picchu in Peru, Leh, Cambodia, Africa|
Facts About Dia Mirza
- While studying in school, she worked as a marketing executive for a multimedia firm, Neeraj’s Multi-media Studio, and earned a monthly salary of Rs. 5000. At the same time, she worked as a model for brands like Lipton, Wall’s ice cream, and Emami.
- When she had just finished her schooling, she got a call from one of her family friends, (who worked at the Times of India office in Hyderabad) who told Dia about the Miss India contest. She sent her portfolio and was selected for the contest.
- Her mother was against Dia participating in the Miss India contest because she wanted Dia to study in a law school in Bangalore. However, her step-father convinced her mother to let her participate in the contest.
- In 2000, she became the second runner up at the pageant, Femina Miss India. She also won the title of Miss Beautiful Smile, Miss Avon, and Miss Close-Up Smile at the pageant.