Bobby Deol Wiki/Biography
Bobby Deol, born as Vijay Singh Deol, is the second son of the yesteryear superstar, Dharmendra. His journey in the glamorous world has not been an easy ride. The battle during the low-phase of his life right before the release of Race 3 inspired Bobby to hit the gym which helped him to get back on track instantly and achieve a chiseled physique. He is famous for portraying the roles of villainous characters in the action-spy drama thrillers notorious for committing revengeful murders and crimes.
Bobby Deol Career
Bobby Deol completed his schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai, Maharashtra, and Mayo College, Ajmer, Rajasthan. The actor did his graduation in Commerce from Mithibai College, Mumbai, Maharashtra. He worked as a DJ before entering the Bollywood industry but quit it soon due to some bad experiences. His first appearance in Indian cinema was in 1977 as a child artist in the movie “Dharam Veer.” Bobby’s got his first big break from his debut as a lead role in Barsaat (1995). He also got the Filmfare Award for Best Debut Male for this movie. While filming for his debut lead role in Barsaat, he met with an accident and broke his leg. He was then flown to London for the treatment, which affected his movie’s promotional shoots. After the release of his film “Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya,” he showed his displeasure towards the special effects added later in the climax scene. He was very much upset at the airplane effect added after the shoot of the scene. His breakthrough performance was in “Soldier“(1998) which won everyone’s hearts. His film “Dillagi” was the debut directorial film of his brother Sunny Deol. Sunny got the idea to direct the movie after he saw Bobby coming home drunk one random night. It was Bobby’s first movie with his brother. He was also the first choice to play the lead roles in Imtiaz Ali’s “Jab We Met” (2007) and “Highway” (2014), but due to some reasons, he rejected the offers. He did his first-ever negative role in the Bollywood drama “Shaka Laka Boom Boom.” Although he performed great in the movie “Jhoom Barabar Jhoom” but he was not the first choice. Also, his cameo in “Dostana” was not much appreciated by the audience. After the release of his movie “Yamla Pagla Deewana 2“, he took four-year hiatus from the film industry. He made a comeback in the year 2017 with “Poster Boys.”
Bobby Deol Contact Details
Bobby Deol Office Address: N/A
Bobby Deol Residence Address: Sahnewal, Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Bobby Deol Phone Number: N/A
Bobby Deol Email ID: N/A
Bobby Deol Official Website: N/A
Bobby Deol Social Profiles
Facebook Page: facebook.com/BobbyDeolOfficial
Instagram Handle: instagram.com/iambobbydeol
Google Plus Profile: N/A
Youtube Channel: N/A
Twitter Handle: twitter.com/thedeol
Bobby Deol Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
Bobby Deol Personal Life
Bobby Deol Girls, Affairs and More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Neelam Kothari (Rumour)
Priya Chatwal (Rumour)
|Marriage Date||May 30, 1996|
Bobby Deol Family
|Children||Sons– Aryaman Deol & Dharam Deol
|Parents||Father– Dharmendra (Actor)
Mother– Prakash Kaur (Real mother), Hema Malini (Step-mother, actress)
|Siblings||Brother– Sunny Deol (Actor, Elder)
Sisters– Vijayta (settled in California, USA), Ajeeta
(settled in California, USA), Esha Deol (half-sister), Ahana Deol (half-sister)
Cousin– Abhay Deol
Bobby Deol Favourite Things
|Favourite Food(s)||Lauki Ki Sabzi & Moong Ki Dal|
|Favourite Actor||Sunny Deol|
|Favourite Sport(s)||Cricket and Badminton|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Goa, Singapore, Dubai, and London|
Facts About Bobby Deol
- He was born in a Punjabi Jatt family; as his father Dharmendra is a renowned actor and his step-mother Hema Malini is the dream girl of Bollywood.
- Before entering the film industry, he was a DJ, but he quit it soon due to some bad experiences in it.
- Bobby’s first appearance in the Indian Cinema was in 1977 as a child artist in the movie Dharam Veer.
- While filming for his debut lead role in Barsaat, he met with an accident and broke his leg, and was flown to London for his recovery, which affected his film’s promotional shoots.
- His debut was a hit, and he got a Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for this movie.
- On 30 May 1996, he tied the knot with famous Indian banker Dev Ahuja’s daughter- Tanya.
- He has maintained a great variety in his wardrobe; as he has around 1500 shirts, 250 pairs of trousers, 200 sunglasses, 100 belts, and 150 perfumes.
- According to some online sources, it was reported that he and his brother didn’t attend their step-sister Esha’s marriage.
- He shares a great bond with his elder brother Sunny Deol and considers him his right hand and best friend.
- His cameo appearance in Dostana was criticized a lot by the viewers.
- Bobby was not the first choice for the movie Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, but later he got the role.